We strives to provide employees with a rewarding and safe work environment. This environment is fostered through:
- All The Basics (i.e. 401k, excellent health and welfare benefits, competitive pay, paid time off, drug-free workplace, nationally recognized company)
- Success Driven Management
- Employee Access to Management
- Safety Programs
The team approach starts with shared values. We are proud of our Company and hung on the wall in every store, and addressed in our employee informational booklet is our Mission, Vision and Value Statements. We value our reputation and our employees as individuals for their dedication to teamwork and customer satisfaction. But because teamwork can’t be fostered only by a plaque on the wall, here are examples of some other initiatives that have helped make teamwork part of the everyday fabric of a Tuff Shed facility:
- Team Approach to Customer Service
- Teamwork and Customer Service awards given annually to top stores
Many of our employees began their career with Tuff Shed in a different capacity. It is a point of pride that Tuff Shed is a great place to launch a career, not just hold down a job.
Here at Tuff Shed we offer an excellent benefit package including paid time off, medical, dental and 401K benefits. Here’s a quick look at what your benefit plan will look like if you become part of our team, but remember a career with Tuff Shed offers many more opportunities and benefits than can be listed here.
Life, AD&D and Disability Plans
Tuff Shed covers full-time, benefit-eligible employees for $10,000 of life and AD&D insurance. This benefit is fully paid by Tuff Shed.
Employees can also purchase additional life insurance for themselves and eligible dependents.
Tuff Shed covers full-time, benefit-eligible employees who have completed at least one year of employment with Tuff Shed, and not located in a state with a disability program, short term disability coverage. This benefit is fully paid by Tuff Shed.
Employees with two years of service are eligible for Long Term Disability. This benefit is fully paid by Tuff Shed.
Two Medical Plans
Tuff Shed offers two different plans and currently pays the majority of the monthly cost for coverage.
- Premier Plan – a comprehensive medical plan with in-network and out-of-network benefits and lower cost co-pays for doctor office visits and prescription drugs.
- Basic Plan – a less expensive catastrophic medical plan with limited benefits. This plan still provides low-cost co-pays for doctor office visits and prescription drugs.
Tuff Shed currently pays the majority of the monthly cost for coverage.
Flexible Spending Account
A Flexible Spending Account (FSA) is a benefit that allows employees to put aside a portion of their pay, on a pre-tax basis, to use during a plan year to reimburse themselves for eligible expenses not covered by other programs. We offer two types of FSAs:
- A health FSA, for self and dependents’ out-of-pocket medical expenses and;
- A dependent care FSA, for day care related costs of eligible dependents.
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
After completing one year of service and meeting the eligibility requirements, employees are able to participate in the Plan.
Paid Time Off
Tuff Shed, Inc. offers paid vacation and sick leave in the form of Paid Time Off. This benefit is fully paid by Tuff Shed.